Over 140 individuals including the bride were rushed to various hospitals in Bukidnon apparently due to food poisoning after complaining of nausea, stomach spasms, vomiting and diarrhea shortly after consuming food served at a wedding held in Sitio Calapat, Barangay Tagbak, Talakag, Bukidnon last Saturday, November 18. Initial information revealed the wedding guests were served rice, pancit and chicken adobo. Around 33 of the victims are from Talakag while the rest are from Lantapan town where the food was prepared. Many of the victims are residents of Sitio Kibuda, Barangay Kibangay in nearby Lantapan town and Sitio Calapat, Brgy Tagbak, Talakag and members of the local indigenous tribe.
Local health authorities from both Talakag and Lantapan immediately conducted an investigation into the incident and took samples of the food served at the wedding for laboratory examination. Both LGUs have also provided the victims with essential interventions needed to hasten their recovery.
The victims were rushed to various hospitals as follows:
- Bukidnon Provincial Hospital – Talakag – over 30 patients
- Bethel Hospital in Malaybalay City – 8 patients
- Polymedic Malaybalay City – 32 patients
- St. Jude General Hospital in Malaybalay City – 8 patients
- Midway Doctors Clininc in Aglayan, Malaybalay City – 9 patients
- Polymedic Valencia City – 28 patients
- Bukidnon Provincial Hospital in Malaybalay City – 27 patients
- Maramag Hospital – 5 patients
- Kibangay Health Center – 9 patients
- Gonzales Hospital Lantapan – 16 patients
UPDATE: As of 7:30am, November 20, 2023, 33 individuals have been discharged from Bukidnon Provincial Hospital – Talakag while 2 remain under observation at the said hospital (from Talakag MDRRMO OpCen).
photos from 105.7 Brigada Valencia City, ctto