Development of Xavier University’s Masterson Campus dubbed Campus of the Future will finally start. This after the issuance of the Environmental Compliance Certificate (ECC) by the Environmental Management Bureau of the Department of Environment and Natural Resources (DENR-EMB) for the said project. In a memo dated October 25, 2023, XU President Fr. Mars P Tan SJ revealed the massive earthworks on the 21-hectare campus is estimated to be completed in 2 to 2.5 years.
Accordingly, three key teams will be working closely for the project: Cebu Landmasters Inc. (CLI), AVP Construction and XU’s Project Management Team.
Before initiating the land development activities, XU had already conducted preparatory tasks on the site last year as follows:
- Transfer of the College of Agriculture farm and facilities to its new and much larger campus in El Gaucho, Upper Puerto;
- Respectful exhumation and inurnment of Jesuit remains interred in Manresa Jesuit Cemetery;
- Conduct of environmental impact assessment and related studies of the site;
- Cataloging Manresa facilities;
- Recycling old used materials;
- Tagging and preserving trees; and
- Diligently documenting every detail of site development works
Read the full text of the memo below.
The XU Masterson Campus development will have a track oval / football field, gymnasium, chapel, covered courts, museum, dormitory, faculty building, Jesuit’s residences, student center, library, admin and school buildings for Medicine, Arts, & Sciences, Social Sciences, and Design & Engineering. See the full list below.
Here’s the site development plan of the campus.
Here’s a perspective of the campus.